“The real cure will be when the legal industry decides that law is not just about lawyers any more.”
On this episode we meet Mark Cohen, a prolific entrepreneur, thought leader, educator and writer on the state legal industry. His impressive career spans big law partner, general counsel, co-founder of Clearspire, a groundbreaking legal services model, as well as Distinguished Lecturer of Law at Georgetown and Distinguished Fellow at Northwestern. When he’s not writing for Forbes or speaking internationally, Mark is CEO of Legal Mosaic, consulting and advising the legal industry and some of its most successful companies.
In this episode we discuss..
– Stories from his experiences as a lawyer in the Supreme Court
– Post-GFC regulation and stagnation in the legal industry
– New forms of legal delivery, from LPOs to chatbots
– The separation of ‘legal practice’ and the delivery of legal service
– The new job market for lawyers and the shift away from the dominance of law firms
– His book ‘Essays on Legal Delivery’ and tips and techniques for writing
Find out more about Mark here:
Mark’s Website: https://legalmosaic.com/
The Clearspire story: https://legalmosaic.com/2017/12/11/the-clearspire-story/
Mark’s articles on Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/markcohen1/